French in Art - happy holidays wishing cards

Hi all,

Hope your Christmas event is on good ways. 

Today, through this post, I will share with you a cultural gap between France and USA I discovered when I arrived.

In France, it's useful to wish a merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Here, in the USA, we wish Happy holidays. And the second point, it's the moment when you send your wishes.

In France, we send many wishing cards for the New Year, not really for Christmas. So, it is said we have until the latest day of January to send our new year cards. Instead of in America, we send our wishing cards at the end of November, or in the first days of December.

Last Year, impossible for me to find wishing New Year cards in January. So this year, I will create my own cards with these French art inspirations created by newnanc :


But, I added pompoms, of course!

 and I create a mini Santa gifts list for my kids :

All my cards have been worked with French Christmas kids song and a French poem.

Comments